Thursday, April 29, 2010

SECOND SESSION OF PIECE TALKS TAKING PLACE ON MAY 1ST



SoBoBo continues in its second session with Piece Talks!

Join in! Meet with Artists and Artisans!

Discussions can only go a certain length of time before mundaneness sets in....
Sometimes one needs to demonstrate to get the point across...

Joyce Densmore, will be on hand to demonstrate how she creates a certain jewelry style!

"My name is Joyce Densmore - my work background is chemical and mechanical engineering, but I've always had an artistic side to balance my engineering side. Whether it was sewing, smocking, painting porcelain dolls, watercolors, or designing jewelry. With my jewelry, I started out working strictly with pearls, I love the organic look and feel of pearls mixed with just about any other stone . I branched out to copper, brass and sterling after taking a metal-smithing class - I like to cold work metal -- bending, hammering, cutting, rolling (I have this very cool rolling mill!) - I find that metal work is a good blend of art and engineering."