Friday, October 8, 2010

October's Artist

"Body Armor"
(in homage to the Navajo)
sculpture
by Michael Brotschul




"As an artist we all want approval in what we do especially from our inner self. I feel that I have surpassed those limitations, opening in myself another way of seeing the world. I have many influences in my life (from nature and experiences to personal journeys) which reflects in what I have accomplished. From what my dad has taught me growing up and his death, finally being able to gather the strength to carry on.

Being an artist is an important aspect of my life it is what makes me, me. If I can get people to talk, maybe shock them a little I feel that I have accomplished what I have set out to do.
Not everyone is going to like what I do, and that is alright with me. I am not here to please the whole world just myself. That is part of being an artist, to make people think maybe reflect on their own fragility, to do something with their own life in the process. It is not about making the money but being able to go beyond what I am capable. I feel I have accomplished that and much more. I will be forever grateful for what everyone has taught me along the way and hope to pass that on as I continue on my journey."





-- Michael Brotschul, 2010






"I Call Him Spike for Short" or "Just Call Him Spike" - bone, copper sculpture - by Michael Brotschul



Michael Brotschul does exactly that. One might not realize it but he stirs the cauldron so to speak making your soul come to life, or perhaps is it ego because we all know how ego controls us most of the time with fear, with want, with greed - that sinister feeling creeps in intertwining with your thoughts, leaving you settled? or unsettled? Only you can experience it! After all it is Halloween...and anything can happen...the magic is in the air...

"Skulls" - print - by Michael Brotschul


Visit SoBoBo on Thursdays and Fridays from 11 am until 4 pm; Saturday - Noon until 7 pm and Sunday - Noon until 6 pm. See this world of the unusual, Michael will be exhibiting from October 1st through and including HALLOWEEN, October 31st!

An Exhibit Reception will be held on Friday, October 29th, 2010 from 7 pm to 9 pm at SoBoBo, 17 Broadway, Milford, CT.

A must visit on HALLOWEEN as we are participating in the arrival of Walnut Beach Witch!

Booooooooooo!