Friday, March 4, 2011

March Winds Were Definitely Encircling...


"I began beading as a resurrection from sitting and not talking to my husband who had been undergoing problems from Parkinson's disease. I have always loved the fine seed beads and decided to see what I could come up with. I made my first necklace from black and brown matte seed beads and I was hooked.

I have made numerous necklaces and numerous designs. Every time I start out I always choose the beads I am going to use in making the pattern. I embroider for a while, then look, at the necklace to see whether I like it. Many times I do not like it and then I have to start again with the beads. This is the most important part to beading a necklace. You have to like what you are making! Choosing the pattern, design comes later. Choosing the color of the beads is the hardest of all. After you have chosen the beads you are on your way to making someone happy."

-- Lara Sendich, 2010 --

"Blue Gerdan" by Lara Sendich

The winds where whirling around Lara at a time change was afoot, creating a whirlwind similar to that of the Phoenix's ashes, you know how the Phoenix rose from the ashes. Her experience was what spurred her to go forward to create; breathing life into her work, making each piece come alive with a spark.


"Red Gerdan" by Lara Sendich



Lara's work is impeccable. The color and design choices create a world of yesteryear. When speaking with her you can feel her energy, you understand how loving what you do brings happiness to others just by creating a thing of beauty. Gerdan, a Ukraine term, or embroidered beading - frames one's face, accentuating the beauty in each one who wears it.



Lara Sendich, March's Artisan, will be exhibiting her creations at SoBoBo from March 1st through March 31st. She is a constant at SoBoBo. You will be able to see her work too during the Art Stroll taking place on Thursday, March 10th. Starts at Firehouse Gallery at 6:00 pm!

SoBoBo Gallery Hours:
Thursdays & Fridays: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturdays & Sundays: Noon to 5:00 pm
Mondays/Tuesdays/Wednesdays: By appointment only

Come and see the exquisite, intricate works of Lara!