Saturday, July 16, 2011

Kate Davoli Takes You on a Jeweled Journey

"When I design a piece of jewelry I consider first the color that most describes my mood and then a complimentary color.

Texture and form is also a consideration and for me to create a piece that I truly love the texture and form must co-inside with the color and that creates the feeling of the design.






When I am in a quiet state the colors tend to be soft tones and usually monochromatic, however, I truly love the elegance of silver and black and so I will design often with those colors.





For me the journey is the thing and not the result. I approach all art in this way."

-- Kate Davoli, 2010



When trying on Kate Davoli's designs, you can see the object of her creative process. You can imagine in your minds eye her working on each piece of jewelry as it is designed and ultimately created.





Her designability takes you on her journey from picking the main piece, the center piece of her design to each added touch that enhances it; whether it's the type of bead, the color, or the cut you feel she picked it just for you, as if she had somehow known what you were looking for.





An exhibit reception for Kate is taking place on Thursday, July 28th - Yes the Art Stroll! Swing by SoBoBo and meet Kate, an intersting woman, who can take you on her journey as you listen to her when she speaks of her creative process. You must come to see what she has made for you!


See you soon!